Today is the first ever International day of Happiness.
The grand essentials of happiness are something to do, something to love and something to hope for.
So I have something to do-working and completing my psychology degree, not that either make me particularly happy at the moment.
Something to love-that would have to be my family 🙂
Something to hope for- In about 18 months time I hopefully will be travelling the world with my two best friends.
Here is a list of the things that make me happy 🙂
- Food. I can put my hands up and say that I am a foodie; I love food whether it’s crappy crisps and chocolate or just a decent home cooked meal. Food makes me happy, I should really be the size of bus the amount I eat but I’ve been blessed with a fast metabolism.
- Baking. I love baking whether I am making trifle cupcakes or peanut butter cookies; it fills me with a sense of happiness and pride. I love eating what I make but also the appreciation from others as they are munching into my baked treats.
- Shopping. OK I am girl you knew this would be on my list. I adore shopping, the feeling you get when you find that item that completes an outfit, a piece of jewellery you just have to have, or the feeling of walking into Primarni and getting such a bargain.
- Music. Music has the ability to connect to our emotions and you can’t beat listening to a great song when you’re feeling good or when you’re feeling sad there’s that one song that you can’t help but smile at.
- Reading. Escaping into another world is a great feeling, reading books can provide you with that sense of escape you need from your mundane life. I love finding a book that when you look at your clock you realise it’s 4am and you haven’t been able to put it down.
- Family. They are the ones who will love you no matter what, forgive your mistakes and be there when you really need it. My family have played such a huge part of my life since leaving school and I have been on many a crazy adventure with them. Even when the adventures didn’t go as planned we had each other’s backs and have memories of times when we may have hit rock bottom but as least we had each other to share it with.
- TV. I am a huge TV addict. My favourites are; New Girl, Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, Girls,90210, Gossip Girl, Glee, Game of Thrones, The Carrie Diaries. So many shows, so little time..
- Celebrity Gossip, I know I shouldn’t but I can’t help but love reading all the latest celebrity gossip. From the clothes, relationships, parties their lives always seem so fascinating. Whether it’s my favourite actress doing well or someone I hate having a bad day I can’t help but enjoy reading about it. I can’t be the only one who was secretly happy when Cheryl Cole was fired from the X factor USA?
Feel free to share with me what makes you happy.